Lawrence F Muscarella, PhD, is the president of LFM Healthcare Solutions, LLC, a quality improvement company that he founded in 2013. He provides confidential safety services for healthcare facilities, manufacturers and the public.
These services now include adverse-event analyses, data codification and medical-device trending.
Examples of Dr. Muscarella’s publicized device trending research and adverse event work include:
- Intubation Endoscopes Are Not Immune to Resistant K. pneumoniae Contamination (November 2018)
- A Bronchoscope is Linked Again in the U.S. to an Outbreak of the Feared ‘CRE’ Superbug (October 2018)
- A Less Commonly Used Heater-Cooler Device Also Linked To Mycobacterial Infections (January 2017)
- Coming soon — Two extensive reviews and analyses of the FDA’s MAUDE database revealing new or otherwise unrecognized cases of:
- bronchoscopes infecting patients with CRE and related MDROs
- duodenoscopes infecting patients with these same superbugs
This service can identify devices that may be prone to an adverse event, such as retaining infectious debris, but that have not yet been publicly identified by the FDA.
Dr. Muscarella’s findings for clients include not just the raw adverse-event data collected from the FDA’s MAUDE device database, but also a confidential report that codifies and organizes the data, and describes the data’s significance.
Click the links below to learn more about Dr. Muscarella’s other expert safety services and to download his consulting brochures:
Dr. Muscarella provides the healthcare community with expert guidance in and direction in the fields and disciplines of, among others:
- hospital infection causes and prevention
- medical device design
- disinfection and sterilization, and instrument reprocessing
- case reviews
- risk assessments and analyses
- decontamination protocols, and data and process validation
- regulatory submissions
- quality control and assurance
- marketing and branding
Dr. Muscarella’s knowledge and expertise in the fields of infection control, sterilization, disinfection, quality assurance, aseptic technique, regulatory affairs, marketing, medical device design and instrument reprocessing, among others, are internationally recognized.
Bio — Dr. Muscarella’s “bio” may be read by clicking here.
Confidentiality — Click here.
C.V. — Download a shortened version of Dr. Muscarella’s current curriculum vitae by clicking here.
Experience — Dr. Muscarella’s experience may be read by clicking here.
Peer-Reviewed Publications: Many of Dr. Muscarella’s published papers may be viewed by clicking here.
Lawrence F Muscarella, PhD, is the president of LFM Healthcare Solutions, LLC | P.O. Box 684, Montgomeryville PA 18936.