Lawrence F Muscarella, PhD, is an internationally known bioengineer and expert with more than 25 years of experience. He is the president of LFM Healthcare Solutions, LLC, which he founded in 2013.
Dr. Muscarella provides case reviews, expert opinions and confidential consulting services for legal representatives and the public on the topics of hospital infections among other healthcare-associated adverse events.
Inquiry: Submit your confidential inquiry by clicking here.
The broad objectives of Dr. Muscarella’s case reviews and consulting services for the public are to:
- explain the facts
- provide expert advice and expertise
- define the key questions to ask
- strengthen a case’s justification
- enhance the case’s merit and value
- research and identify important case details
- offer expert opinions, insights and perspectives
- offer superior scientific guidance and research capabilities
Some of the more specific objectives of Dr. Muscarella’s case reviews and consulting services include:
- to identify the cause of an infection, outbreak or medical harm (i.e., perform a root cause analysis)
- to identify whether a medical device contributed to the infection
- to identify and analyze “gaps” in clinical practices, procedures and policies
Dr. Muscarella’s services often focus on reviewing cases and providing the public with advice about healthcare-associated infections linked to the following medical devices:
- arthroscopic instrumentation
- other types of gastrointestinal endoscopes
- heater-cooler devices used during open-heart surgeries
- reusable biopsy forceps, which are used in healthcare facilities to sample tissue from a woman’s cervix
- many other types of medical devices and equipment
Brochure: Download and read Dr. Muscarella’s brochure explaining his expert case reviews.
Bio — Dr. Muscarella’s “bio” may be read by clicking here.
Confidentiality — Click here
C.V. — Download a shortened version of Dr. Muscarella’s current curriculum vitae by clicking here.
Experience — Dr. Muscarella’s experience may be read by clicking here.
Peer-Reviewed Publications: Many of Dr. Muscarella’s published papers may be viewed by clicking here
Note: Dr. Muscarella’s confidentiality and privacy policies are strict. No confidential correspondence of any type, at any time, is disclosed directly or indirectly in this blog — click here for more details.
Inquiry: Submit your confidential inquiry to us by completing this form: