Latest posts by Lawrence F Muscarella PhD (see all)
- Are Enzymatic Detergents the Primary Cause of The Inflammatory Eye Reaction Called TASS? A recently published article investigates risk factors for TASS. - March 31, 2018
- Guidance to Prevent Other Flexible Endoscopes From Transmitting Superbug Infections. A new practice is discussed to reduce the risk of multidrug-resistant bacterial infections. - March 26, 2018
- FDA Warns Duodenoscope Manufacturers for Not Completing Ordered Surveillance Studies - March 15, 2018
The following are a number of samples of Dr. Muscarella’s recently published white papers and guidance documents. A more detail listing of his peer-reviewed articles and other published papers is provided in his curriculum vitae, which is available upon request:
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: “Updated Guidance for the Prevention of Transmission of ‘CRE’ and Other Related ‘Superbugs’ During Gastrointestinal Endoscopy” — A guidance document by L.F. Muscarella, PhD [November 2016; Sponsor: Ruhof.]
- Bronchoscopy: “Whose Instructions Should You Follow? A guide for resolving inconsistencies in the reprocessing instructions of bronchoscopes and automated endoscope reprocessors.” A white paper by L.F. Muscarella, PhD [November 2016; Sponsor: Ambu.]
Also read a few other articles by Dr. Muscarella:
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: “Risk of transmission of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) and related ‘superbugs’ during gastrointestinal endoscopy”: World J Gastrointest Endosc 2014 Oct 16;6(10):457-74.
- Arthroscopy: “Other Possible Causes of a Well-Publicized Outbreak of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Following Arthroscopy in Texas“: Advances Infect Dis 2013 Jun;3(2).
- Central Lines: “Assessment of the Reported Effectiveness of Five Different Quality-Improvement Initiatives for the Prevention of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in Intensive Care Units”: Open Epidemiol J 2012;5:5-12.
- Medical Devices: “Infection-Control Breaches and the Use of Adulterated and Misbranded Medical Devices”: World J Clin Infect Dis 2012 Apr 25;2(2):13-27.
Contact Dr. Muscarella: Larry@LFM-HCS.com